We all were once a child who was experiencing the world for the first time, and some of us may have not been loved the way we needed to be loved at that time. There is an inner child in all of us that may still feel attached to the feelings we had then. Healing this part of yourself takes patience and an abundance of love, which are all things you have! It’s time to dive deep into our subconscious to notice the ways we have learned to cope with the pains of our pasts! This journey of self-healing will not be easy, but the EVOLVE Angels are here for you every step of the way. Here are some tips to help you connect with your inner child!
- Find a way to connect with your old self! There are many ways to do this but some of our favorites are through meditation and journal reflection. The goal is to tap into the mindset you were in at that age.
- Give yourself time! Healing this part of yourself will take time because wounds can be deep. Don’t feel pressure to rush this process because healing has no schedule!
- Talk to someone you trust! Talking to a friend, family member, therapist, or trusted person could really help you understand all the feelings that could arise. It’s completely okay to ask for help!
- Practice mindfulness and try journaling! You may have heard of the phrase shadow work which is all about connecting with the deeper parts of ourselves where trauma may lay. This can be intense for some people, but writing down your journey might help you see which direction to go in!
- Do an activity that brings you closer to yourself! This is totally up for interpretation and could means something different for everyone. Some activities that could bring your inner child joy include being in nature, doing craft projects, or baking! The goal is to find something that makes you feel good.
Say to yourself, I am so sorry you had to go through this, I am here for you, you can heal now, you are brave, you are safe and loved! Let yourself be proud of how far you have come, and let yourself to continue to grow <3